- Alder hardwood angled legs provide steady, firm support. Our meditation bench provides ergonomic support to help you maintain the proper posture during your meditation. It can help you keep your back upright and relaxed throughout your practice.
- The folding legs use heavy duty hinges, and make it convenient to bring to a group meditation or pack in a suitcase when you travel. The folding legs make it easy to store you bench when not in use.
- Durable 10oz cotton upholstery. Comfortable long-lasting padding keeps you comfortable for longer meditations.
- Can help you meditate longer because of greater comfort and less stress on your joints. Focus more on your meditation instead of discomfort in your body!
- Handmade by meditators in Northern California using excellent quality materials.
These handmade meditation benches are perfect for taking the pressure off your ankles while kneeling during meditation. So many "westerners" are unused to kneeling that many of us simply can't use the traditional position for any length of time. These benches take all the pressure off the ankles and vastly ease the pressure on the knees. The first time you use one a HUGE smile will creep over your face as you realize how much more comfortable it is than a pillow or even a non-padded bench. These are created one at a time by Ananda Woodworking of out of their shop in California. We love these benches since they are clearly made with a great deal of attention to their finish and detail - plus the padding holds up to lots of use. While these are "technically" the TALL version of the bench, we know people from 5' to 6'2" have found them perfectly comfortable. Most people find the tall a bit more comfortable simply because your knees don't have to bend quite as much. The tops have a layer of foam covered with cotton batting and topped by cotton fabric. Of course you can get meditation benches with a wood top, but these are so much more comfortable. A nice heavy hinge on both legs lets them fold flat - perfect for travel or just stowing out of the way. They are a little stiff on purpose so they won't flop open (or closed) and they don't make any noise if you shift during a group class session. We usually have at least a couple different colors in stock. If you're buying for someone else, "black" or "natural" is usually pretty safe. The "in-store favorite" is Burgundy - almost a "plum" color. Very nice if we have them in stock. Though do be careful as we understand not ALL vendors selling this bench under this listing are selling "Tall" benches.
- Product Dimensions: 3.7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 3.7 pounds
- ASIN: B002JIHQ3K
- Item model number: 19-1-040 Bk
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews